Friday, April 07, 2006

This is my first "real" post and it will be short. I am in my second term as a Board of Education member. It is an interesting job, and is a lot of work, a lot of frustration, and the pay is lousy. So why do I do it? Well, I have two daughters and they are both in the schools. So I want to see our schools improve. I want to see the facilities updated, I want to see them, and all the other kids in town, get a decent education like I got. And I like to argue, so it is often fun to have a controversial issue to debate.

I'll spend more time in the future talking about just what we are up against. It is a difficult time for our town. We have a lot of construction going on to update schools that were neglected over the last few decades.

I'm also a conservative, I have a "W" sticker on my car, and I am representing the people of a very blue state. But I'm not an ultra conservative, and most of the Republicans that I see think I'm not a very good one. I am more like a McCain Republican than a Bush Republican. So nobody likes me. Poor me!

Enough of that whining... I'm also an Assistant Scoutmaster of a Boy Scout Troop in town. I joined the troop at age 11 and I'm still a scout at age 41. Three decades as a Scout and leader. Lots of fun, and lots of work as well. Incidentally, that troop is where the "moose" comes from.

I have a wife and two daughters. I love them so much. I'm sure they will figure prominently in this blog, and so you'll learn about them as I go on.

It is my intent to publish every day or so, and I reserve the right to rant on any topic I want. I also am a faithful reader of both Townhall.com and the Hartford Advocate. So I get exposed to a wide range of opinion. Maybe some of mine will pop out here.

So if you are looking to get an insight into what it's like for a conservative to live in a blue state, here's your chance to see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home